As the name suggests, we are looking at blowing away the winter cobwebs with a run from the UK to Monte Carlo
(and back, Top Gear style for those that wish to participate)
following in the wheel tracks of “Herbie”
A week of driving through the crisp French countryside in your bug!!
Date for the diary : Feb 20th – 27th 2022
Sunday 20th Registration Day – Dover
Monday 21st Cross the channel with our partners P&O
Monday 21st Calais to Rennes
Tuesday 22nd Rennes to La Rochelle
Wednesday 23rd La Rochelle to Montpellier
Thursday 24th Montpellier to Monte Carlo
Friday 25th Day at leisure (Awards Evening)
Saturday 26th Day at leisure / return journey
Sunday 27th Crossing from Calais to Dover (Late PM)*
*Teams returning for the return leg MUST be on the same return ferry as organised by the MAC Admin.
The event is open to any VW beetle, of any era is eligible to take part in the rally. Teams can be made up of 2,3 or 4 people per vehicle.
For those of you that wish to extend your stay or simply have a more leisurely drive back to Calais, we are offering two price bands.
Option 1 (Single ferry crossing UK to France only) £300 per TEAM
Option 2 (Return ferry crossing) £400 per TEAM
What is included in the entry fee?
• Ferry travel (Option 1 or 2)
• MAC management on hand 24/7
• Emergency contact numbers pack
• Sticker / Decal pack
• Trophies for the awards ceremony
• Medals for all participants
• Certificates for all teams
• Prize money
• Awards evening
• Donation to our nominated charity of the year
• Admin fee/postage/website/marketing etc
What is NOT included
• Accommodation along the route
• Toll Charges
• Return crossing if you chose to return on a different day/time than the organised crossing.
• Food and Beverage